Q: Can you random prime a 250bp PCR product?

Heinz J. Schaefers schaefers at sun.XuchcX.edu
Thu Jul 30 15:26:58 EST 1998

Hi Makato,

i have tried to random label a pcr fragment of 305 bp for a northern probe,
but all i got was unspecific binding and high background on the northern blot.

After cloning the fragment in a TA cloning vector, and cutting it out again,
and random labelling, the probe i got was fine, no background, and no
unspecific bands.

Heinz