Puromycin resistance expression vectors

Ashok Aiyar aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu
Fri Jul 31 16:34:53 EST 1998

On 29 Jul 1998 08:39:32 GMT,
Simon Rice (SimonQRice at sbphrd.com) wrote:

>I'm interested to find out about commercially available expression vectors
>that use puromycin as the selection agent.

Clontech sells pSV2puro.  We have constructed a plasmid that has:
oriP from EBV, CMV-EGFP, SV40-puromycin, and supF (for selection in
E. coli).  EGFP was cloned with an MCS, and can be replaced easily by
any other ORF you wish to express.

This plasmid replicates stably as a plasmid in proliferating mammalian
cells that express EBNA-1, and can be amplified if the cells are
transiently transfected with a large T-antigen expression vector.

If you would like, I can send you this plasmid.

Later,
Ashok
--
Ashok Aiyar, Ph.D.