Acrylamide with coffee...

Morris dmorris at rna.bio.mq.edu.au
Fri Jul 31 02:54:35 EST 1998

> Actually, in the NZ case I wrote about, it was definitely in the news and
> there was a real court case.  I think the acrylamide was allegedly mixed
> into some sugar and got into the coffee that way.
>
> Kim

*Allegedly* being the key word here, as the poor lady was found NOT
guilty.  Anyway, an 'expert witness' for the either the
prosecution/defense (doesn't matter) quaffed a beaker of 30% acrylamide to
'see what it tasted like'.  He's stll alive, and only accassionally
dribbles now.

Dan

p.s., Hi Kim; great to see sbsu1 on Usenet.