Plasmid Recovery From Yeast

Frederik Boernke boernke at
Mon Jun 1 14:14:13 EST 1998

Fraser Dr N J wrote:
> A colleague is having problems recovering plasmid from yeast after a
> 2-hybrid screen for transformation into E. coli. Does anyone have a
> preferred method for doing this that works routinely ?
> Thanks - Neil.

Try the method published by Hoffmann and Winston, Gene
1987;57(2-3):267-272. This alway worked perfectly for me.
Or search the bionet archive at, there you'll
find loads of suggestions concerning this topic.

hope this helps

Frederik Boernke
Research Group of  Molecular Plant Physiologie
Corrensstr. 3
06466 Gatersleben
Tel.  039482 -5 321
Fax. 039482 -5 515