DNA from lysogenic phage

Michael Heuzenroeder mheuzenr at microb.adelaide.edu.au
Tue Jun 2 02:24:36 EST 1998

I'm trying to extract DNA from lysogenic phage in Salmonella. Currently
we are inducing phage with u.v light purifying by PEG precipitation, and
extracting DNA from the purified phage using standard methods. Yields
and RE digestions are poor. Does any one have any ideas how I could
possibly increase the initial yield of phage. I.e are there alternatives
to uv induction of the lytic cycle? Thanks
Michael

Dr Michael Heuzenroeder               mheuzenr at microb.adelaide.edu.au
Infectious Diseases Laboratory  		Tel: +61 8 82223275
Inst. of Medical and Veterinary Science  	Fax: +61 8 82223543
Box 14 Rundle Mall PO Adelaide South Australia 5000
http://www.microbiology.adelaide.edu.au/staff/mh.htm