excel - regression analysi sproblem

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Jun 3 05:38:00 EST 1998

hi all,

when calculating regressions with excel, I sometimes use a polynomic
fit. It's easy to display the corresponding function in the graph
window using the TrendLine option. But then I have to read the
coefficients and type them in manually.

Is there a function for directly making a second order fit or getting
access to the coefficients? RGP doesn't work since it makes only
linear regressions.

I want to avoid programming my own viasual basic routines for that
purpose.

Any ideas?

All input is welcome.
Wolfgang
-----
usual disclaimers apply * This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
-----
Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de * wwWait: http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm