Internal standard for RPA in prokaryotes

Mary Hagen hagenm at bcc.orst.edu
Wed Jun 3 12:05:50 EST 1998

Hi everyone,

I am trying to make an internal standard for use in RPAs in prokaryotes.
I have a piece of DNA homologous to the 23s rDNA of Pseudomonas fluorescens
cloned into the pGEMt-easy vector.  I have not been able to get a
transcription product from this template using Ambions Maxiscript kit (I
have gotten other templates to work though).  Does anyone know if there
is some intrinsic problem with trancribing rDNA from prokaryotes?

Does anyone know of a template that is available to use for making probes
to use as internal standards in RPAs in prokaryotes?

Thanks so much,

Mary