293 Transfection

Richard P. Grant see_sig at cmtech.co.delete.uk
Thu Jun 4 02:15:44 EST 1998

In article <6l4q14$8gd at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de wrote:

: Hi.
:
: What transfection method do you use?
:
: I just can tell you that my 293s are sensitive, too. I'm using
: different calcium phosphate methods (BBS and HBS, with and without
: glycerol shock). Cells are cultivated on polystyrene plates without
: any previous coating.

So how are people transfecting these days?  For my thesis I first tried
CaPhos, but the idea of pouring concrete over my cells did not appeal.  So
I then went for a liposome-based method, which seemed far more gentle.

Richard

--
Richard P. Grant MA DPhil  | rgrant at  cmtech.co.uk
Senior R&D Scientist       | work: http://www.cmtech.co.uk/