293 Transfection

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Jun 8 04:45:15 EST 1998

Kevin, using PBS w/ Ca2+ could improve results, too. It might enhance
integrin interaction with extracellular matrix, my supervisor
recently noted.

Wolfgang

> I am transfecting the 293 cells with Lipofectamine Plus.  In my
> analysis, whether staining or harvesting for quantitation, it get a
> lot of cells lifting.  I have found that warmed PBS does alleviate
> some of the cell loss, but I was wondering if anyone has tried using
> a cocktail of matrix proteins, or any other technique with better
> success
>
> Kevin

<snip>
-----
usual disclaimers apply * This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
-----
Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de * wwWait: http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm