RPA

ELADER at AMBION.COM ELADER at AMBION.COM
Mon Jun 8 20:12:06 EST 1998

In article <6l6883$ks3 at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>,
  Alok Adholeya <aloka at teri.res.in> wrote:

> Dear All,
> i have been using the direct protect lysate kit from Ambion. I would like to
> know if DNA probes (labeled) could be used or has anyne tried using the
> same instead of RNA probes. Would hybridization occur in GdHCl buffer
> which is used for the lysis ?
> Regards

Sigh....The  kit is a *Ribonuclease* protection assay. DNA probes will not
work. However, Ambion sells both an S1 assay kit and MultiNPA which mixes
both RNase and DNase I to allow DNA or RNA probes to be used.

Hope this helps.

Eric