Antibodies to GST fusions

Arnoud van Vliet arnoud at vanvliet.u-net.com
Tue Jun 9 16:22:10 EST 1998

Hi Rob,

depends on what you do. I have tried GST proteins for diagnostic ELISA's,
and then you find that quite a lot of (animal) sera have anti-GST
antibodies; probably from worm-infections. These worms all have GST-like
proteins. Personally I prefer 6-His proteins as these tags don't seem to be
very immunogenic. Further GST proteins can be insoluble and then it's very
difficult to purify to homogeneity etc etc.

good luck

Arnoud