Maxipreps and columns (or not?)

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Jun 10 10:14:48 EST 1998

Hi all.
Just run a quality control on a column maxiprep (NucleoBond from
macherey-nagel). I noticed no difference in the look of the gel bands
comparing the material I obtained after lysis and neutralization
(KOAc step, i.e. that what I apply to the column) and the eluate from
the column.
So, I just wonder if all this fuss really is necessary (for doing
transfections) or if simply a direct iPropOH precipitation would do
it, too.
Has anyone yet tried the transfection quality of not column or CsCl
purified plasmids?

The E. coli host I'm using is XL1-blue

Cheers,
Wolfgang

-----
usual disclaimers apply * This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
-----
Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de * wwWait: http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm