Cross-Linked Molecular Weight Markers

Frank O. Fackelmayer fof1 at chclu.chemie.uni-konstanz.de
Fri Jun 12 04:08:15 EST 1998

Hi Marc,
We have often used the phosphorylase b marker from Sigma, and found it works
very well when used in non-Laemmli-type SDS gels (1 to 6mers are no problem to
see). They do NOT work for the usual Laemmli-type gels; that´s what Sigma says
in the data sheet (and it´s true).
There are several other gel systems for resolving HMW proteins, and you´ll
probably have to try some of them to get good resolution of your favorite protein.

Hope this helps,
Frank