Nonradioactive labeling/detection info wanted

Frank O. Fackelmayer fof1 at chclu.chemie.uni-konstanz.de
Fri Jun 12 04:12:58 EST 1998

You don´t give details on what you want to label. Simply assuming you´re
talking about DNA, I would recommend Digoxigenin (Boehringer Mannheim; no
affilitation). It is very easy to do and sensitive enough for all usual
methods (plaque scrrening, southern blots etc.). You can also use
Biotin/streptavidin, thats equally sensitive but sometimes gives higher background.

Hope this helps,
Frank