reagent for titering baculovirus

Sam Lee samuel.lee at utoronto.ca
Fri Jun 12 13:01:49 EST 1998

There is a kit put out by Clontech which uses an antibody to titer
baculovirus. I believe it is called BacPak or something like that.

We have used the kit in our lab and found that, though it was much faster
than traditional methods, it was not as precise as plaque assays. Also, it
was, relatively speaking, extremely expensive considering that you couldn't
perform that many assays per kit.

Sam Lee
samuel.lee at utoronto.ca
Department of Pharmacology
University of Toronto
Toronto, Canada

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with or grudge against Clontech or any
other company. I just used the kit and am offering a review.