Superscript/RNAsin

Keith Savin savink at vicnet.net.au
Fri Jun 12 23:40:52 EST 1998

Has anybody had problems making cDNA, using Superscript II from Gibco
BRL, when the poly-A+ RNA has been stored in water + RNAsin?

I don't get incorporation of 32P when I use the Superscript kit, but
when I use regular AMV RT the 32P incorporation seems to be OK.
I want to use the Superscript because it should give me longer cDNAs.

Could there be other inhibitors around that affect the Superscript but
not the AMV RT?

I've previouly made perfectly good cDNA using this kit, but the RNA had
been stored in EtOH, not water + RNAsin.

Keith Savin
Victorian Institute for Animal Science
Attwood
Australia