Northern help

vijay Gadkar vgadkar at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 13 07:32:41 EST 1998

Dear Netters
I have isolated putative diferential expressed bands using DDRT. I
would like to know if I could use the following strategy for
confirmation the differential nature of the transcript.

Blot the individual cDNA fragment using a blot apparatus (dot blot) on
a membrane (in dupliate membrane ) and then hybridize using labelled
total RNA from the two source which is under comparison on individual
membrane. Is it enough or i have to do Northern or any other
established  technique ? what would call it dot-blot northern ?

Also I would like to ask is reverse northern a established technique
for confirmation of gene expression ? is it well take  along with
other standard procedure like Northern or RT-PCR ?
Please email me at
vgadkar at yahoo.com
Thanx