help!- looking for antibodies to detect 6 His-tagged protein

rdudley at rdudley at
Tue Jun 16 08:16:30 EST 1998

In article <SaMiLee.8.000E1408 at>,
  SaMiLee at (Sa Mi Lee) wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm looking for good antibodies to detect 6xHis-tagged recombinant protein in
> Westerb blot.  I would prefer a cheaper alternative to Clontech
> 6 xHis monoclonal antibodies, if there is any. Has anybody used monoclonal
> anti-poly His from SIGMA or mouse anti-6 His Tag from Research diagnostics
> Inc.? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
> Regards,
> Sa Mi

I have used Qiagen's and Invitrogen's as well as Clontech's.  I think Qiagen's
worked the best.

This question hase come up several times.  If you go to,
and search the archives for this newsgroup, and the proteins newsgroup, you
can find some more information.

* new location coming soon *