help!- looking for antibodies to detect 6 His-tagged protein

rdudley at my-dejanews.com rdudley at my-dejanews.com
Tue Jun 16 08:19:12 EST 1998

In article <SaMiLee.8.000E1408 at student.uq.edu.au>,
  SaMiLee at student.uq.edu.au (Sa Mi Lee) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for good antibodies to detect 6xHis-tagged recombinant protein in
> Westerb blot.  I would prefer a cheaper alternative to Clontech
> 6 xHis monoclonal antibodies, if there is any. Has anybody used monoclonal
> anti-poly His from SIGMA or mouse anti-6 His Tag from Research diagnostics
> Inc.? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Sa Mi

I have used Invotrogen and Qiagen's anti-6H, and I think Qiagen's worked the
best.

This question has come up several times before.  If you go to
http://www.bio.net, and search the archives for this newsgroup, you'll find
some more information.

rich
* new location coming soon *
I have used Qiagen's and Invitrogen's as well as Clontech's.  I think Qiagen's
worked the best.

This question hase come up several times.  If you go to http://www.bio.net,
and search the archives for this newsgroup, and the proteins newsgroup, you
can find some more information.

rich
* new location coming soon *