Please post...

JM Warawa, Department of Pathology & Microbiology J.Warawa at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Jun 17 13:39:19 EST 1998

Everyone,

I have been having a problem with extra bands on my SDS
PAGE (about 55 and 65kD).  I have only had the problem
since moving to England from Canada.  I have tried using
both beta-mercaptoethanol, and DTT in the sample buffer,
but get the problem with both reducing agents (even more so
with DTT!). I see the problem showing up when I probe a
western with rat polyclonals, but I have also seen these
bands when doing a coomassie with DTT in the sample buffer.
It looks like something in the acrylamide matrix is being
reduced and 'running' on my gel.

Any help?  Thanks,
Jonathan Warawa