Estrogen receptor

Heather Greaves hgreaves at animal.ufl.edu
Thu Jun 18 07:52:54 EST 1998

Hi everyone,
	I'm relatively new to this area and have a simple question.  Is the
entire estrogen receptor protein (nearly 600 aa) required to bind to the
ligand.  I realize that the protein has three domains but am curious if
the ligand binding domain is in itself enough to bind estrogenic
ligands.  If so, is the entire domain required or are there critical
primary sequences involved in ligand recognition.  Feedback would be
very much appreciated. I would also appreciate any good references
relative to the estrogen receptor.

Thanks much,
Mike