Alamarblue proliferation assay ?

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Jun 18 11:31:28 EST 1998

Hi Jens Rainer.

I just can say that I tried Alamr Blue, too in order to measure the
influence of drugs on cell growth. With 3H-thymidin, there was a
clear signal, but Alamar Blue: No difference.

Maybe Alamar Blue is just good for making strong effects visible.
Did you make MTT or XTT assays? Did these work? with your cells?

Wolfgang
> I have used 20 mcl alamarblue, 5x10**5 cels/ml, 200 mcl
> cellsusp.(human lymphocytes - PHA stimulated). The cells were
> preincubated for 48 hours and the alamarblue added hereafter and
> meassured at 570 and 600 nm after 2, 4, 6 and 24 hours on a
> microtiterplate reader.
>
> No significant difference was seen between the PHA stimulated and
> the basal cells. The assay is functioning with 3-h thymidine.
>
> I would be greatfull if you have any coments concerning using
> alamarblue .
>
> Yours Jens R. Hansen

-----
usual disclaimers apply * This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
-----
Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de * wwWait: http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm