Source of vaccinia DNA Topoisomerase ?

bradley turner turner at
Thu Jun 18 11:50:41 EST 1998

Hi Martin,

I would also be interested in any sources of vaccinia topoisomerase
that you might obtain.  Could you email me with any results

Brad Turner

  		    Bradley Turner
                Beth Israel Deaconess
                    Medical Center

Harvard Medical School		617-667-1215 phone
Division of Gastroenterology	617-667-2767 fax
Room Dana 536			bsturner at
330 Brookline Avenue		bturner at
Boston, MA 02215		turner at

BEGIN INCLUDED MESSAGE------------------------------------------

>From BIOSCI-REQUEST at Wed Jun  3 12:12:27 1998
To: methods at
From: Messerle at (Martin Messerle)
Subject: Source of vaccinia DNA Topoisomerase ?
Date: 3 Jun 1998 03:10:43 -0700

I am looking for a source of vaccinia DNA topoisomerase. I know
Invitrogen is selling Topo Cloning Kits (they work very well and are
quite expensive :-((   ), however one is restricted to the provided
vectors with these kits. In the original paper (Shuman, J.Biol.Chem. 51,
32678-32648. 1994.) Shuman described a way how to use topoisomerase for
cloning in any vector; primers have to be modified in a certain way,
then, topoisomerase will bind to the PCR product.
However, this requires that somebody provides the enzyme.
Does anybody know a source for vaccinia DNA topoisomerase?

Thanks for your help,

Dr. Martin Messerle
Max von Pettenkofer-Institute
Feodor-Lynen-Str. 25