Q:DNase1 digestion before RT-PCR

Andy Bettany andrew.bettany at bbsrc.ac.uk
Fri Jun 19 03:49:23 EST 1998

An article in BioTechniques (22:1128-1132) last year talked about using
Manganese in RT-PCR to eliminate artefacts resulting from DNase1 digestion.
Unfortunately, the article didn't describe the other components of the
buffer.  I have a number of RNA samples which I need to digest with DNase
before RT-PCR. Does anyone have a DNase digestion protocol that they have
tried (and works!) that they could let me have please?

Many thanks,
Dr. Andy Bettany
Research Scientist
Institute of Grassland and Environmental Research
Plas Gogerddan
Wales, UK