Q:DNase1 digestion before RT-PCR

Andy Bettany andrew.bettany at bbsrc.ac.uk
Fri Jun 19 03:49:23 EST 1998

An article in BioTechniques (22:1128-1132) last year talked about using
Manganese in RT-PCR to eliminate artefacts resulting from DNase1 digestion.
Unfortunately, the article didn't describe the other components of the
buffer.  I have a number of RNA samples which I need to digest with DNase
before RT-PCR. Does anyone have a DNase digestion protocol that they have
tried (and works!) that they could let me have please?

Many thanks,
--
Dr. Andy Bettany
Research Scientist