DNA isolation

Kent S. Boles kboles at removethis.bigfoot.com
Mon Jun 22 00:06:31 EST 1998

I assume that since you received the cell line and not the plasmids that
its a stable transfection. The most direct solution would be to pcr
amplify the insert back out. I only suggest this if it's a truely novel
insert. The vector sequence around the insert (multi-cloning site)
should still be intact so you can design primers that would cover
restriction enzyme sites to facilitate cloning.
Good luck,
Kent

--

Kent S. Boles
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology
kboles at removethis.hsc.unt.edu
817-735-5045 voice
817-735-2118 fax