DNA isolation

Kent S. Boles kboles at removethis.bigfoot.com
Mon Jun 22 00:06:31 EST 1998

I assume that since you received the cell line and not the plasmids that
its a stable transfection. The most direct solution would be to pcr
amplify the insert back out. I only suggest this if it's a truely novel
insert. The vector sequence around the insert (multi-cloning site)
should still be intact so you can design primers that would cover
restriction enzyme sites to facilitate cloning.
Good luck,

Kent S. Boles
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology
UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth
3500 Camp Bowie Blvd
Fort Worth, TX 76107
kboles at removethis.hsc.unt.edu