differential display reviews and refs

Bruce J. Turner fishgen at vt.edu
Sun Jun 21 10:47:40 EST 1998

I may be doing some work in the coming year that will depend on some
version of the differential display technique to compare transcript pools
from developing fish embryos treated in various ways.  I am only generally
familiar with the technique, and would appreciate references to articles
which deal with its nuances, latest modifications, pitfalls, potential
problems, sensitivity, etc.  I suspect that these questions are frequent
enough to constitute a "differential display faq" so please forgive me if
I'm covering old ground---I'm just an old DNA gel jock,new to these lists,
and unused to the world of RNA and gene expression...  Thanks much for any
help.

Bruce J. Turner
Dept. Biology
VPISU ("Va Tech")