G-50 mini columns

S. Tan sltan at u.washington.edu
Mon Jun 22 19:58:11 EST 1998

Hi:

I recently purchased ProbeQuant G-50 Micro Columns from Pharmacia Biotech
for purification of labeled DNA probes.  I would like to know if it is
also possible to use these columns to separate labels from protein
preparations.  Specifically, I want to remove free 32P-labeled ATP
from a kinase reaction mixture so that I can use the phosphorylated
protein product (about 70 kDa) as a substrate for phosphatase assay.  Will
I need to re-equilibriate the column with other type buffer?  At what
speed should I spin the column at?  Any advice/suggestion would be
greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Stan