Isolating DNA from parafine slides.

Jan-Henner Wurmbach wurmbach at
Tue Jun 23 05:48:28 EST 1998

In article <358F7DED.D34330FD at>, rap at says...

>Hi there,
>I wander if anyone know the procedure to isolate th whole DNA from
>prepared parafine slides?

For isolation of genomic DNA from paraffine embedded slides (for CGH), I put
the dry tissue in a solution of proteinase K (1mg/100µl volume) in buffer and
let it stand at 37° over night. After one day I add further proteinase K and
let stand for another night.
The genomic DNA can then be cleaned by phenolisation.
Hope this helps.
 I am interested in sharing protocol, so mail me your expeience.