resuspending high molecular weight genomic DNA: a problem?

Parent, Eric ParentE at dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Wed Jun 24 07:40:21 EST 1998

Hello all.

I ha a simple question. I got in an argument (kind of) with a visiting
scientist in our lab.  He was telling me that is genomic DNA use to disolve
in seconds. My experience is that genomic always take some time to
dissolve(up to some days). Anybody had any experience with fast respension
of genomic DNA. Does the quality of  the phenol or the chloroform can make
the difference?

Take you for your help

Eric

Eric Parent