Tet Repressor--Tightest control of protein expression????

Thomas L. Selby tselby at chemistry.ohio-state.edu
Wed Jun 24 07:30:00 EST 1998

Hi All

	Does anyone have any experience with the tet repressor system for
contolling protein expression?  What are your feelings on other
promoters.  I have usually used the T7 system from Novagen, but have
seen some low level expression before induction with IPTG.  A second
alternative is the Arabinose system from Invitrogen.  Has any one used
this?  I would like any information you may have (good or bad) including
any commercial availabitity.

Thanks

Tom