Kozak consensus elemnt in Ecoli - toxic?

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Jun 25 08:38:08 EST 1998

Hi all,

I'm planning to express a protein as a malE fusion construct in E.
coli (XL1-blue). Currently, the cDNA is in a eukaryotic expression
vetor and carries a Kozak consensus element. It would be convenient
for me to this sequence element in the cDNA when transferring it to
the other plasmid.
Is there any evidence that a Kozak consensus element will be toxic
or otherwise interfere with gene expression in E.coli?

Wolfgang
-----
usual disclaimers apply * This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
-----
Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de * wwWait: http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm