re-posting of newsgroup on the web

Rick A. Bright rbright at emory.edu
Thu Jun 25 08:07:32 EST 1998

I see nothing wrong with someone organizing the posts and making them
available in another format, on another site.  Yes, they are available
at the links that you mentioned, but included on those sites are ads for
at least 3 different "sponsors".  It is also nice to have an alternate
site to visit in the "likely" event that the www.bionet.net site is down
or unavailable at any time.  I see no problem in wading through a front
door for a company to get to important information.  Finally, he did not
advertise his company in this group, only the service they offer
pertaining to the group.

I like having a choice of sites to browse.