PCR on yeast colony

Frederik Boernke boernke at nospam.ipk-gatersleben.de
Fri Jun 26 14:50:44 EST 1998

namy olivier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a protocol to do PCR directly on yeast
> Saccharomyces cerevisiae colony. Does anyone know a good
> protocole?
> Thanks you so much for you help.
> Olivier
> namy at infobiogen.fr

bonjour!

I don't have a real protocol but I just pick some of the colonie with
a sterile toothpick and swirl in 5 ul ddwater. Than boil for 5 min and
spin down. Use standard PCR procedure.
This has always worked in my hands for screening two-hybrid positives.

Good luck
Ricky

Frederik Boernke
Corrensstr. 3