pcr from plant tissues

Jimmy Loh n7143167c at acad21.ntu.edu.sg
Fri Jun 26 02:25:34 EST 1998

Hi netters!

I'm having problems doing PCR on my potential transgenic plants.
Means of transformation is via gene gun  bombardment.

DNA was extracted by using DNAzol or other conventional means and
run on a gel to check. Seems ok.

What I am wondering is...whether the PCR conditions should be
varied. Perhaps the gene is in such low concentrations that PCR
can't pick it up? Or are there special tricks of the trade to
enhance PCR from plant tissues? SUch as..i dunno...adding
DMSO or whatever. I run a normal PCR on the gene from the plasmid
as an additional postive control for the pcr and it works..so the
problem shouldn't be in the PCR reagents.

Jimmy Loh
NTU-NIE
Singapore