shelf life of dNTPs at -20°C

Sebastian Bunka bunka at i112pc09.vu-wien.ac.at
Mon Mar 2 02:36:14 EST 1998

Michael Vagell <mv at doc.mssm.edu> wrote:
> Does anyone know how long deoxynucleotides (dNTPs) can be stored at -20°
> Celcius? I have some aliquots of deoxynucleotides that have been kept at
> -20° C for four years. Are they still usable, or should I get some new ones?

> Michael Vagell, Ph.D.
> Box 1007, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
> One Gustave L. Levy Place
> New York, NY 10029-6574
> USA
I have some oligos stored diluted (50 pM/ul) and undiluted. They're from
january 1993 and still work. Other oligos beeing stored diluted that are
about 2 years old did not work anymore. But a fresh dilution from the
undiluted stocks still work. In general for storage most companies suggest
a concentration of more than 100 pM/ul. I'd agree with this.

Sebastian
--
Sebastian Bunka, Dr. med. vet
Inst. Med. Chemistry, Vet. University Vienna
e-mail: Sebastian.Bunka at vu-wien.ac.at