Cucurbita maxima DNA library?

Peter C Farley P.C.Farley at massey.ac.nz
Mon Mar 2 20:06:28 EST 1998

Dear Netters,

Does anyone out there have a Cucurbita maxima (buttercup squash) gDNA or
cDNA library that they would be willing to donate?  Or do you know of a
source for such libraries -- commercial or otherwise?  We are presently
doing work in trying to isolate a gene for which we have obtained the
coding region by 3'RACE and would like to now obtain sequence 5' to this
region [5'RACE hasn't been fruitful].  To that end we would like to
screen a library for the gene of interest using the region we have cloned
as probe.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

Dr Peter C Farley
Institute of Molecular Biosciences