about PCR

GENYAN GENYAN at kali.com.cn
Mon Mar 2 07:55:23 EST 1998

Thank Wolfgang Schechinger and Nico Dantuma for your great help to my
following problem. Now I have succeed in amplifying a high GC content
(81%)target and get a beatuful singal band of expected size when using DMSO(4%) in my PCR reaction.

>>When amplifying a target with high GC content(81%)using PCR, i always
>> get a smaller product than expected, although I have tried different
>> annealing temperature. can the addition of DMSO(2-5%)help? Does DMSO
>> have any harmful effects on following steps such as ligation?
>>Thanks

Genyan Yang
Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry
Academia Sinica