shelf life of dNTPs at -20°C

Richard P. Grant spam.blocked at delete.this.cmtech.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 03:29:10 EST 1998

A similar question came up 2 or 3 years back on this froup.  It was about
freeze/thawing of oligos.

If you've got 18.3 grade water and you've worked under clean conditions, I can
think of no reason that oligos should go off - unless they've been
freeze-thawed.  They then tend to self-anneal and fold and do all sorts of
weird stuff.   The way to get them working again - and you might try this - is
to heat them to 95 - 99 C for a minute or three, then snap-chill on ice.

If your 4 yo aliquots have not been contaminated and have not been repeatedly
freeze-thawed, they should be fine.  I've used oligos that must have been 6
years old.

--
Richard P. Grant MA DPhil  | Cambridge Molecular Technologies
Senior R&D Scientist       | rgrant at cmtech co uk