Ubiquitous primers

Richard P. Grant spam.blocked at delete.this.cmtech.co.uk
Tue Mar 3 03:05:42 EST 1998

Hi Reb,

Thanks, that's basically what I've done.  Beta actin has some regions of
pretty good conservation (even at the DNA level) from various yeasties up to
humans, hamsters and horses.  Also dug out a pufferfish and Atlantic Salmon.
Yum.   ;-)

Chaperones and histones are other candidates, of course.

rebecca wrote:

> Appropriate primers would be chosen based on what size I want the
> fragment, and the PCR reaction conditions.

It looks as though the best way will be to build in some degeneracy (a lot of
the differences are A/G or T/C) - when I get a working set I'll keep you informed.

Richard P. Grant MA DPhil  | Cambridge Molecular Technologies
Senior R&D Scientist       | rgrant at cmtech co uk
Tel: +44 1223 508345       | http://www.cmtech.co.uk/
       -- Standard corporate disclaimers apply --