Anyone doing proteomics research?

Carol Thomas lemmings at interlog.com
Tue Mar 3 15:46:09 EST 1998

..and willing to be interviewed about it via email?

Forgive me for invading your newsgroup, but I'm a science writer with a
tough assignment: 1500 words on proteomics by Friday, March 6th.  Since
I normally do medical writing, this is slightly out of my field.  I've
researched proteomics and do know what it is and how it's generally
done, but I really need to find a few kind souls who wouldn't mind being
interviewed, since my usual sources aren't appropriate.

What I was thinking of was a short list of questions -- what do you
think the benefits of proteomics are, how can it help in the drug
discovery process, how can it be done faster/more effectively, that kind
of thing -- sent by email.  If you prefer, I'll call you long-distance
to talk.  If you're willing to help, I'll use all your quotes accurately
(I'm a perfectionist about quote accuracy!) and cite you with your full
title as a source.  The magazine is Laboratory Focus, based in Ontario,
but non-Canadian sources are entirely welcome.

I'd be very grateful for any interviewees.  Email me at
lemmings at interlog.com or post here -- I'll be checking the newsgroup
every day.

Many thanks,

Carol Thomas, B.Sc.