Stratagene QuikChange Problems

Rick Davis richard..davis at worldnet.att.net
Wed Mar 4 13:46:50 EST 1998

Hi All,
	I'm currently trying to remove a 28 bp intron from my cDNA
clone utilizing Stratagene's QuikChange site-directed mutagenesis
kit. I designed primers on opposite strands that flank the intron
which should have resulted in elimination of the intron after PCR
amplification. Instead I find that all ten of the isolates that I
sequenced still have the intron present! I designed the primers
according to Stratagene's recommendations and used 18 cycles
of amplification. Has anyone out there used this kit to remove
introns? Are there any other kits/procedures available that would
do a better job? TIA