IMS-PCR

tom tom_la at central.murdoch.edu.au
Wed Mar 4 04:46:11 EST 1998

Hi everyone

I have been using IMS-PCR technique for detecting bacterial cells in
seeded faeces.  I am using Dynal M280 and M450 beads coated with
monoclonal antibodies.  However, when I use uncoated beads (ie. no Ab), I
find I am also getting a positive PCR result.  Has anyone else using these
beads come up with similar problems ?  I would be most appreciative of any
suggestions/comments people can give me on this technique.  Thanks in
advance.

Tom

Tom La, PhD Student

Department of Microbiology
Division of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences
Murdoch University
Murdoch, Western Australia, 6150

Tel :  61 08 9360 2247
       61 08 9360 2216
Facsimile :  61 08 93104144
Email :  tom_la at central.murdoch.edu.au

When ... everything goes against you ... never
give up then, for that is just the place and
time that tide will turn.
--- Harriet Beecher Stowe ---