DNA from paraffin-embedded tissue-a good control gene

Zbigniew Rudzki mprudzki at cyf-kr.edu.pl
Fri Mar 6 11:41:03 EST 1998

I am about to extract genomic DNA from rather old (~25 years) paraffin
embedded human tissue blocks.  As an obsessive individual I plan to
check the quality of extracted DNA with PCR amplifying two fragments/
sample: one of approximately 100-120 bp, another of ~400 bp.

I would greatly appreciate information on a suitable genomic
sequence(s), primers and pertaining PCR conditions that could be used
for this purpose.  I would be happy if the sequences:

1.  be from a coding region of one gene,
2.  give just one band/ 1 optimal reaction (no pseudogenes or other
similar sequences),
3.  could be used also as a control for RT-PCR (originate from one of
houskeeping genes)

thanks in advance

Zbyszek Rudzki

Dept. Pathomorphology