Q: Extremely unspecific oligo

Ralf Oltmanns Biologist at SpyRing.com
Thu Mar 12 05:11:47 EST 1998

Hi,

I am looking for nucleotide analogs  that do hybridize specific to
nucleic acids but without specificity to the nucleotide sequence. Would
something like 8-oxoguanine or maybe 5-bromouracil do the job? As far as
I could find out, the do bind to more than just one nucleotide.

Does anyone know anything about that? And if so, could anyone tell me
where I could get oligos from those nucleotide analogs?

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Take care
Ralf

--
### We, the Willing,