Muristerone A

Heinz J. Schaefers schaefers at
Thu Mar 12 15:07:53 EST 1998

Grant Stewart wrote:

> I've been using the Ecdysone -Inducible system for gene expression
> supplied by Invitrogen.  However, they now claim not to be able to supply
> the inducing ecdysone analogue, Muristerone A - therefore making the
> system redundant.
> Has anyone an idea if this is as dead-end as it sounds?  Any other suppliers?

we are in the same situation; Invitrogen put our Muristerone order on backorder
with unknown shipment date (at least it seems they try to ship it, but when is
the question).Since Muristerone A is also listed in the SIGMA 1998 catalogue, we
tried to get it from them: no luck either: "this product is no longer sold by
If anyone knows another supplier for Muristerone A, please let us know.

Heinz J. Schaefers, Ph.D.
University of Connecticut Health Center, Department of Physiology,
Farmington, CT
email: schaefers at (anti-spam: remove both X)
By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets
the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C),
it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment.
By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500,
whichever is greater, for each violation.