S1/Mung Bean

wtd3 at columbia.edu wtd3 at columbia.edu
Thu Mar 12 18:01:00 EST 1998

Does anyone have suggestions for keeping S! or Mung Bean Nuclease single
strand specific?  I am trying to chew back the overhang left from an
NCO1 digestion, because I need to remove the ATG as part of a targeting
construct.  However, with both enzymes I get a ton of degradation of my
DNA, even at lower than recommended temp and enzyme concentrations.
Alternatively, I'd be open to any other suggestions on how to
specifically remove (NOT fill in) 5' overhangs generated by restriction
enzymes.

Thanks,

Bill