antibody to polyhistidine tag?

David M. Eisenmann eisenman at umbc.edu
Sun Mar 15 12:24:32 EST 1998

In article <steffen.roth.77.00166E0A at rhein-neckar.de>,
steffen.roth at rhein-neckar.de (Steffen Roth) wrote:

> >From: rcaspi at popmail.ucsd.edu (Ron Caspi)
> >Newsgroups: bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts
> >Subject: antibody to polyhistidine tag?
> >Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 23:01:05 GMT
wue

>.de!news.farside.net!news-fra.maz.net!news-hh.maz.net!unlisys!news.snafu.de!
fu

>-berlin.de!newsfeed.direct.ca!novia!nntp3.cerf.net!ihnp4.ucsd.edu!news1.ucs
d.e
> >du!not-for-mail
> >

> >Hi,
> >Does anybody have, or know of, an antibody against a 6xHis tag?
> >I noticed all the commercial vectors with His tags I could find have
> >an additional epitope next to the tag. Does that mean such an antibody
> >does not exist?
> >
> >Thanks,

Qiagen now sells anti-4-His and anti-5-His antibodies with no extra amino
acids in the epitope, in addition to their antibody to 6-His with a few
more amino acids.  They aren't in the catalog yet, but you can find
ordering information on their web page.  I got the 5-His Ab and it worked
(expensive though, $300).

Dave