LA PCR

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 04:30:38 EST 1998

In article <6ecd3r$20u at pmgm.Stanford.EDU>, John Ladasky
<jladasky at pmgm.Stanford.EDU> writes
> I've never seen a report of a 50 kB amplicon.
>Why do you need such a big piece of DNA?  And what is your template?

I remember seeing a report a year or so ago in Genetic Enginering News
reporting the efforts of one of the labs working on the spider silk
genes. In it was mentioned PCR of up to 75kb (I think from genomic)
using a commercial enzyme mix with a modified buffer. I have never seen
anything reported about this since so cannot say whether it was just
real or not.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark