How long in vitro transcripts?

Marek Treiman mat at biobase.dk
Tue Mar 17 11:41:29 EST 1998

Hello netters,
Does anyone have experience in producing in vitro transcripts 4-5kb
long? We are considering this for a cDNA almost 5000 bases long, with
rather long 5' and 3' untranslated regions (the coding region is "only"
3000 bases). We need to transcribe the whole length in order to look for
the accessible sites for antisense oligos. I would greatly appreciate
any suggestions or comments!

Marek Treiman
Department of Medical Physiology           The Panum Institute
University of Copenhagen                     Blegdamsvej 3C
Tel. +45-35327510   Fax +45-35327537        2200 Copenhagen N
E-mail mat at biobase.dk                            Denmark