sequence analysis software

Aydemir Akin, DVM akin at purdue.edu
Thu Mar 19 16:24:20 EST 1998

The other two very good alternatives are Hitachi's MacDNAsis package with
ScanDNAsis (does gel scanning, automated sequence reading from scanned
gels) and Geneworks (Intelligenetics).  They both have demo's that can run
but not print or save.  We have LaserGene from DNA-Star, it is good but the
components are not well integrated enough (unlike the MacDNAsis and
Geneworks).  DNAsis can also do secondary structure predictions that is not
possible with the others (as far as I know).  I have no affiliation with
the above companies.

P.S. Remove SPAM from the address to reply to me.

Aydemir Akin, DVM, MS
Animal Disease Diagnostic Lab
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN 47907-1175